Tuesday, 12 October 2010

First post!

Hey :)

I'd like to welcome you to my blog Dollied, which is also my upcoming in dependant clothing line!

Just to say a bit about what my blogs going to be; I am going to post regularly about current design projects, Dollied, sewing techniques, inspiration ideas, exhibitions/events, information on designers/artists/musicians/photographers and how they link to fashion today and how to make garments of your own!

I'd like inspire other people to get sewing and knitting! It's a fantastic hobby to have, even if you aren't fantastic at designing, its a great way to create your own individual style and you get huge satisfaction from being able to wear something you have made, especially when you get comments on where you have bought it from.
'Well i made it myself actually!'
Then that's when the orders start rolling in...

My next post will be focusing on my first university project which is based on the urban environment of Preston with a final outcome of a waistcoat :) I will show you how i created the ideas from my inspiration and sewed and embellished the waistcoat!

Thanks for reading,

Jess xx

1 comment:

  1. My new year's resolutions are to start sewing again and also to learn how to knit, so I look forward to your posts! x

    ReplyDelete